The Server Labs forms part of an exclusive European partnership led by CERN, EMBL and ESA with the aim to establish a federated, sustainable and secure high-performance cloud computing platform. Supported by industrial partners it will provide stable computing capacities and services that elastically meet demand.
How we helped
- We provide our technical expertise based on the successful development of complex Cloud architectures as well as Grid processing in the Cloud both in science and industry environments
- Development of the EC2 bridge in the Helix Nebula BB
- Consortium formed by: CERN, EMBL and ESA, Atos, Capgemini, CloudSigma, Interoute, Logica, Orange Business Services, SAP, SixSq, Telefonica, Terradue, Thales, The Server Labs and T-Systems, along with the Cloud Security Alliance, the OpenNebula Project and the European Grid Infrastructure (EGI.eu).
- Flagship use cases for testing and deployment of the science Cloud:
- Cern: HPC Processing of LHC data
- ESA: Supersites Earthquake data
- EMBL: Genomic processing
Results of the initiative
- Successful deployment of the science Cloud for flagship projects